Broadcasting digital and offline communication during the 3 days of Museomix event
Museomix is a unique international event lasting three days and two nights in the heart of cultural institutions. During the event, we communicate intensively and in-live from our “mixroom”. Here is a wrap-up of our 2016 edition.
What is our Mixroom?
We set up a temporary hub for coordinating and broadcasting digital and offline communication during the 3 days of Museomix event. This year in Nyon, a team of 20 passionate specialists mixed Video, Virtual Reality, Photo, Illustration, Social Media, PR, Graphic design and copy writing contents!
What is it for?
- All local mixrooms cover and link together the 5 countries and 17 participating museums in 2016.
- We foster internal exchanges for the 120 people participating in Museomix Nyon locally.
- We bring visitor into the Museums. More than 400 visits happened during the last 2 hours for the discovery of prototypes in the 3 museums of Nyon.
- We stimulate interaction from the community around to world. 5998 tweets, 1281 Instagram posts have been exchanged during the event.
- We experience an innovative and creative communications laboratory. Because that’s the magic of Museomix!
What have we mixed in 2016 in Nyon?
- Videos: recording each day of the event; producing short videos to be shared with the community online;
- Virtual Reality: to get immersed in the teams and fever of the event >> 360° video
- Photos and illustrations: for the media, for social networks, for the community of participants >> Pinterest
- Blog articles >> museomix.ch/blog
- Contents for an audio guide application >> izi.Travel
- Graphic design >> guide presenting prototypes to the visitors
- Media releases >> http://www.museomix.ch/fr/presse/
- Community management >> Museomix Twitter – Museomix Instagram – Museomix Facebook
- Local animations with Museomixers >> we have used for example an interactive table to allow participants to play with all photos produced in live. And we also make crazy videos like this…
A BIG THANK YOU FOR THE AMAZING TEAMWORK THAT WE ACCOMPLISHED AT THE MIXROOM TO:
- our team members;
- our Partners: Webster University; Point Prod’; izi. Travel;
- the FabLabs: FabLab Renens; FabLab La Côte; Post Tenebras Lab; FabLac
antipod participates to Museomix activities since its beginning in Switzerland. Sylvie Rottmeier is part of the funding members of Museomix CH association and has coordinated the “Mixroom” in the Musée d’Art et Histoire in Geneva (2014), in Museum für Kommunikation in Bern (2015), and in Chateau de Nyon, Musée du Léman and Musée Romain (2016).
antipod also developed www.museomix.ch website and http://www.museomix.ch/blog